Please check back with us soon!
This website will contain information about sessions, presenters, location, and times. Enjoy looking around and, if we can help you with anything regarding your AP®professional development, contact us at email@example.com.
We hope you see you in June at the 2020 WaltonAPSI
The College Board encourages AP teachers to take advantage of the professional development offered by APSI. Based on survey data, teachers across the country have found AP professional development to be extremely valuable.
- Teachers at the 2020 WaltonAPSI are offered breakfast and lunch each day with coffee, tea, and water.
- There are two snack breaks daily, one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon. In addition, there are numerous vending machines throughout the building for sodas and snacks.
- Registrants receive access to materials and file storage, 2020 AP Reading materials for the session, instruction by a College Board endorsed consultant, and a College Board certificate upon successful completion of the 30 hours of instruction.
- Bring your own laptops or tablets to use throughout the APSI. Textbook companies have been invited to attend and may offer sample texts to participants.
- The WaltonAPSI does not provide content-specific texts to registrants. The consultants and the APSI will contact publishers of AP texts and materials. These publishers often provide access or sample copies to teachers at APSI. These texts will be available (when provided by publishers) during the APSI sessions.
Early registration will begin in November, 2019. Registrations may be made for all sessions without late fees up to June 1, 2020.
APSI registrations are only confirmed once payment has been received. IPayments are made to: Itinera Docentia, LLC, 4880 Lower Roswell Road, Suite 165, #215, Marietta, GA 30068
Need more information about your session? When finalized, you will be able to click on the tab AP Summer Institutes Sessions 2020 above and find detailed information about each session, consultant, and schedule.
2020 Anticipated APSI Sessions
- AP Art and Design
- AP Art History
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Chemistry
- AP Comparative Government
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Economics: Macro & Micro [combined]
- AP English Language & Composition
- AP English Literature & Composition
- AP Environmental Science
- AP European History
- AP French Language & Culture
- AP Human Geography
- AP Music Theory
- AP Physics 1
- AP Physics C: Mechanics and E&M [combined]
- AP Psychology
- AP Spanish Language & Culture
- AP Spanish Literature & Culture
- AP Statistics
- AP United States Government & Politics
- AP United States History
- AP World History
AP Capstone Sessions
- AP Research
- AP Seminar
Teachers who do attend an AP Summer Institute in 2020 should be able to: Understand the Course: The course framework defines the scope of the course and specifies what students must know and do to be successful on the AP Exam. Plan the Course: Sequencing, pacing, and scaffolding are essential for building students’ understanding and their ability to transfer and apply knowledge and skills. Teach the Course: Effective instructional strategies help students to develop a mastery of course content and skills over time. Assess Student Progress and Understanding: Learning requires time, practice, and regular feedback.
As an endorsed AP Summer Institute of the College Board, all registrations are handled through each teacher’s College Board professional account.
From the College Board: AP Summer Institutes offer the most intensive professional development available for AP educators. Summer Institute attendees engage in 30 or more hours of content-rich training designed to strengthen how they teach their AP courses.
College Board-Endorsed consultants will guide attendees through resources such as course outlines; content-specific handouts; and student samples, scoring guidelines, and commentary from the most recent AP Exams. AP Summer Institutes are helpful for both new and experienced teachers and may meet your state requirements for professional development.
Dates for 2020 APSI: Monday June 22 – Thursday June 25, 2020
Times: 8:00 AM to 4:000 PM
Dates for AP Capstone: Monday June 22 – Friday June 26, 2020
Times for AP Capstone:
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday;
Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM.