With continued major construction at Walton High School, our home base, we are being hosted in June 2019 at Sprayberry High School, located at 2525 Sandy Plains Road, Marietta, GA 30066, about 4.5 miles from Walton.
This website contains information about sessions, presenters, location, and times. Enjoy looking around and, if we can help you with anything regarding your AP®professional development, contact us at email@example.com.
We hope you see you in June at the 2019 WaltonAPSI hosted at Sprayberry High School.
While professional development is not required to prepare for 2019-20 AP course updates and new classroom resources, the College Board encourages AP teachers to take advantage of the professional development offered by the AP. Based on survey data, teachers across the country have found AP professional development to be extremely valuable.
- Teachers at Sprayberry High School’s 2019 WaltonAPSI are offered breakfast and lunch each day with coffee, tea, and water.
- There are two snack breaks daily, one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon. In addition, there are numerous vending machines throughout the building for sodas and snacks.
- Please contact us with any special dietary needs. We will do what we can to meet your needs. There is always a gluten-free option on our menu.
- In addition, the WaltonAPSI at Sprayberry is conveniently located near a number of fast-food restaurants close enough to provide additional choices for teachers who choose to eat off campus.
- Registrants receive a flash drive for file storage, the 2019 AP Reading materials for the session, instruction by a College Board endorsed consultant, and a College Board certificate upon successful completion of the 30 hours of instruction.
- Teachers are encouraged to bring their own laptops or tablets to use throughout the APSI. Textbook companies have been invited to attend and may offer sample texts to participants.
- The WaltonAPSI does not provide content-specific texts to registrants. The consultants and the APSI will contact publishers of AP texts and materials. These publishers often provide access or sample copies to teachers at APSI. These texts will be available (when provided by publishers) during the APSI sessions.
Early registration fee applies November 1, 2018 through June 09, 2019. Late registration fee applies to all registrations received after June 09, 2019. Registrations may be made for all sessions through June 23, 2019.
Payments may be made using credit card, check, scholarship, or P.O. APSI registrations are only confirmed once payment has been received. If you are paying for your registration by check, please address the check as follows and mail to the address indicated below: Itinera Docentia, LLC, 4880 Lower Roswell Road, Suite 165, #215, Marietta, GA 30068
AP 2019 AP Coordinator Training: 2nd session added!
Monday, June 24 and now a second session on Tuesday, June 25th: This full-day workshop – updated for the 2019-20 school year – is designed to help new and experienced AP coordinators learn how to efficiently and successfully manage their schools’ AP program. In this workshop, you will have the chance to exchange best practices and learn new ways to handle the responsibilities of coordinating an AP program. Learning Outcomes: After this workshop, you will be able to: • Access, setup, and use the AP Registration and Ordering system • Enroll students and manage the student roster • Support AP teachers in accessing resources • Navigate the AP Course Audit process • Order AP Exams • Administer exams to students with accommodations • Administer exams that require technology and/or audio equipment • Train proctors • Maintain exam security • Arrange off-site testing • Arrange late testing • Handle testing incidents and disruptions • Return AP Exams • Access and pay your school’s invoice
There is no fee associated with this one-day APSI for AP Coordinators. The session includes materials, snack breaks, breakfast and lunch. Expenses for transportation and lodging are the responsibility of the registrant.
Need more information about your session? Click on the tab AP Summer Institutes Sessions 2019 above.
2019 APSI Sessions
- AP Art and Design
- AP Biology
- AP Calculus AB
- AP Chemistry
- AP Comparative Government
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Computer Science Principles
- AP Coordinator Special Training: 2 sessions, one-day each
- AP Economics: Macro & Micro [combined]
- AP English Language & Composition
- AP English Literature & Composition
- AP Environmental Science
- AP European History
- AP French Language & Culture
- AP Human Geography
- AP Music Theory
- AP Physics 1
- AP Physics C: Mechanics and E&M [combined]
- AP Psychology
- AP Spanish Language & Culture
- AP Spanish Literature & Culture
- AP Statistics
- AP United States Government & Politics
- AP United States History
- AP World History
Ready to register? Link to the 2019 Registration Page by clicking HERE
AP Capstone Sessions
- AP Research
- AP Seminar
Link to AP Capstone Registration by clicking HERE
Teachers who do attend an AP Summer Institute in 2019 should be able to: Understand the Course: The course framework defines the scope of the course and specifies what students must know and do to be successful on the AP Exam. Plan the Course: Sequencing, pacing, and scaffolding are essential for building students’ understanding and their ability to transfer and apply knowledge and skills. Teach the Course: Effective instructional strategies help students to develop a mastery of course content and skills over time. Assess Student Progress and Understanding: Learning requires time, practice, and regular feedback.