- College Board endorsed consultant for AP World History Modern
- This session is offered in Event 1:June 21-24 Monday through Thursday
- This session is also offered in Event 2: June 28-July 01, 2021 Monday through Thursday
Meet your Consultant for AP World History and read the APSI Online Course Description for AP World History with a focus for teachers who have taught this course for at least 3 years!
Bill Strickland has taught at East Grand Rapids High school in East Grand Rapids, Michigan since 1997 and AP World History since the course started in 2001-2002.
He has served as a Reader, Table Leader, and Sample Selector at the APWH Reading since 2004, and has led numerous AP World History workshops and Summer Institutes since 2008. He also served on the Curriculum Development and Assessment Committee that developed the Course redesign based on Key Concepts that took effect in 2011-2012.
APSI Course Description for Session in AP World History Modern for experienced teachers
AP World History Summer Institute at the 2021 Online Walton APSI is designed for experienced teachers with three or more years of experience teaching the course. Participants will review and explore the following:
- course outlines
- content-related handouts
- student samples
- scoring guidelines
- pedagogical techniques and
- content-specific strategies for the classroom.
Learning outcomes: After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Design and implement an AP World History course
- Develop activities and assessments to build students’ proficiencies in the historical thinking skills
- Implement strategies to prepare your students for the AP Exam
- Devise or revise a syllabus to align with course requirements
- Make equitable access a guiding principle in designing instruction.
We look forward to having you join us online in June, 2021!