Dr. Madhuri Mulekar
- College Board endorsed consultant for AP Statistics
- This session is offered in Event 1:June 21-24 Tuesday through Friday
Meet your APSI Consultant for AP Statistics
Madhuri Mulekar received her Ph.D. in Statistics from Oklahoma State University and has taught statistics at the University of South Alabama since 1990. She is a Fellow of the American Statistical Association and a member of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics. As a member of Test Development Committee, Madhuri has reviewed tests and rubrics for AP-statistics exams and conducted question-writing workshops. Over the years, she has also conducted several 4/5-day AP-institutes and one-day workshops.
She has been involved with AP Statistics Readings since 1997, and has participated as a Reader, Table Leader, and Question Leader. She has developed a course for high school mathematics teachers to train them for teaching statistics in high schools.
She has published teaching-related papers in Teaching Statistics, Mathematics Teacher, and STATS. She has authored Cracking AP Statistics Exams by Princeton Review used by many to prepare for AP-Statistics exam.
Walton APSI Course Description for AP Statistics
- In this AP-Statistics Summer Institute participants will learn about AP Statistics course and exam, content knowledge of some topics, how to integrate technology into teaching, and how to grade student responses for accuracy of content knowledge as well as communication.
- Learning outcomes: After attending this workshop participants will be able to:
- Develop strategies for a course that will prepare students for AP exam while keeping subject matter engaging.
- Conduct activities in classroom to engage students for learning through discovery.
- Write effective assessment questions using real data.
- Understand how student answers are assessed on the AP Statistics exam.
- Implement course requirements to effectively prepare students for the AP exam.
The APSI workshop will be modified to meet needs of participants as identified through discussion during workshop.